Snack on Superfoods
- Raw Almonds pack skin- pumping fats and vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps offset UV damage. High in mono-unsaturated fats, as in olive oil. Purchase online at livingnutz.com
- Dark chocolate with a cacao content of 72 percent or higher is rich in damage- fighting antioxidants.
- Organic blueberries give you a magic combo of antioxidants and collagen-protecting vitamin C.
- Raw walnuts, loaded with omega 3’s, good for skin and brain. Scientists have discovered that snacking on as few as 7 per day can ward off disease and lower cholesterol. Packed with heart healthy fats and powerful antioxidants, which may slow the progression of dementia and aging.
- Organic bananas, contain tryptophan, a pre-curser to serotonin – good mood food in nature’s perfect to-go packaging!
- Organic apples, nature’s broom for your colon, best eaten first thing in the morning.
- Raw, alkaline forming snack bars, such as Lara bars, Greens Company bars
- Fresh vegetable and fruit juices. See our recipe section for ideas.
- Raw, organic cashews. Contains significant amount of iron and zinc, along with beautifying oleic acid, good for your skin, as well as magnesium, manganese and selenium which help rid the body against harmful cholesterol, and protect against harmful free radicals. Also loaded with protein, which builds lean muscle, with mono and polyunsaturated fats that help to protect against cardiovascular disease.